Friday, March 30, 2007

A Fund Raising Success Story!

On March 29th, the World Famous Stealth Dogs joined us at the Dugout Bar in Mahtomedi to celebrate again the End of an Era and help me in my efforts to raise $5000 for the Breast Cancer 3 Day. The night was a fabulous success!

I have a lot of people to thank so I will start here. To Reg, Jim, Jim, and Brian- there is no way I could have done it without you guys. You did a lot of hard work, actively spread the word, and gave us some great entertainment. My thanks also to your wives. They may not be up on the stage but I know that they are behind you.

To the Crew at the Dugout Bar in Mahtomedi- you were all wonderful. Our bartender, Sam, did a great job getting orders out and keeping people happy. It is always fun to spend time in a place where they appreciate you. The staff at the Dugout let me know how much they enjoyed hosting the event.

To everyone who showed up- THANK YOU! We could organise events all day long but the people who come out and participate make the biggest difference in the success or failure of an event. You showed up to have a good time and near as I can tell, you did.

To Vicki who is always where I need her to be and promoting the walk, thank you will never be enough.

And finally to "my biggest supporter", Mike. There will never be enough words to tell you how grateful I am, or how much I love you. I would never have made it through the preparation without you. You are the best. And now, an official Roadie. We will have to get you the appropriate tee-shirt!

Last night all of you were responsible for raising $700 for the Breast Cancer 3 Day- a 60 mile walk raising money for and awareness of a silent killer. The Breast Cancer 3 Day is a project of the National Philanthropic Trust benefiting the Susan G Komen for a Cure and the NPT Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

As always, my message to you all is awareness. Early detection and treatment saves lives. But you can't get to there without knowing the facts. Last night I discovered that many men didn't know that they too could get breast cancer. Each one of the men that I had that conversation with are now armed with knowledge that has the potential to save them.

Thank you all for participating in this journey with me. Every step we take is one step closer to a cure.

No comments: