Friday, May 25, 2007

Mother's Day- a whole new way

So we walked the Komen again.

I love walking the Komen- there are some fantastic people out there who deeply care about this cause. Let me tell you about some moments that touched my heart.

We bought my engagement ring from the Shane Company. No real surprise there- Mike bought my heart (the little diamond one) from the Shane Company and loved the shopping experience. When we chose my engagement ring, I was pretty adamant that we choose the Shane Company again. All my jewelry had to go in for the every 6 month check up.

While we waited (they inspect, clean, and polish everything you bring in) we looked for a pendant that I though his mom would like. Didn't find the right thing for her but found something else.

The Shane Company is a major supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness. They participate with the Komen every year and support in every way they can. This year, they did something new. They created Awareness jewelry- real jewelry, for a cure.

I am the very proud owner of a piece created by Dale of the Woodbury store. A ribbon, finely crafted of rose gold, pink sapphire and white gold. I tell everyone about my beautiful ribbon and the craftsman that designed it.

At the Komen, I waited in the line at the Shane booth. I just wanted to show off my beautiful pendant and share with the Shane jewelers how much I love it and the high esteem I hold the company in. They loved having me come and share that.

We had our picture taken by a wonderful man from Channel 11- KARE ... CARES. They truly do and very much- something not lost on me. I don't know the name of the wonderful man who takes pictures of survivors- but I see his face in my prayers. He is such a gift- as are the entire team from KARE.

North Memorial was out promoting their new services for breast cancer- funded in part by the HOPE CHEST- a thrift/consignment store in the St Paul area. How fantastic is this? A woman had a dream that has become two stores that benefit local hospitals!

3 miles didn't even dent my shoes. I probably did more mileage walking around!

Let me take a minute and thank:

KARE 11- you are loved more than you know

The Shane Co- You may be dull, but you are all brilliant. You are MY heros. Dale at the Woodbury store- my knight in shiny and pink sapphire armour.

Astra Zeneca- I'm beside you, too. Thank you is all I will ever be able to say

The Jane Brattain- Thank you so much for all you do

The Hope Chest- My hope is with you. What you bring to the table far outshines what we think we do. You know what kind of world we who live with the threat of cancer want- and you give us options and hope.

Caribou- I love you all and remember Amy with you. I can't tell any of you how much you ALL mean. I wish you all great caffeine and NO LUMPS! And thank you to the photog that got up early - You are the very best.

FORD!!!- You have been so willing to care and WANTING TO CARE!!! I wish I could afford a Pink Ribbon Mustang. Thank you for all of YOUR hard work to bring awareness to the people. An AMERICAN company shows what it is made of once again. And i am proud to have a FORD truck in the driveway.

Sun Chips- I will never be able to open that wonderful little bag! What a great supporter you are!

Chi-Chi- you keep stepping up, I will support you. Thank you!

I have missed so many. Age and fatigue work against me.

Tomorrow more training. In the rain. Well, crap.

At the end of the day, we come together to fight cancer. It would be better if we could just party.

I have a "garage" sale scheduled for June 23. The World Famous Blacksmith Lounge has offered me the space and I have a MASS of things to get rid of. Most notably, you can buy pins off my jacket- pins that have walked some serious training mileage. We have other stuff too.

Come visit. Buy a hot dog and a soda. Check out the stuff, take some away.

What kind of world do you want? Pick anything...

I choose a world where we TRY.

History starts NOW!

No comments: